Topic

Ultralight Table

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ultralight Table

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    George Mills

@marienbad

Is there anybody that sells an ultralight hard table, perhaps made from titanium? Could be tall or short.

I've seen a large number of "camp tables" but all have a fabric top and aren't exactly ultralight.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

smallest one I know is GSI micro table.

not UL – but bringing a table will NEVER be UL

OK- IF there were to be a table that is 2oz- its still 2 unNEEDED oz.

david richardson
    BPL Member

@drichi

Locale: midwest
    Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

That table/ website is pretty cool.
    Maybe there's hope for a ul table after all!! -Especially since its adjustable height. I could see myself standing next to trees cooking at a belly-button high table. Like a bar table! Like It.

That site is cool except for that creepy hat lady! ;)
    (remember that comment about my name, Kat? Hmmmmm???)
    :)

Kathy A Handyside
    BPL Member

@earlymusicus

Locale: Southeastern Michigan

Snow Peak now has a table called the Ozen Solo Table that weighs 8 ounces. It folds up, too.

http://www.snowpeak.com/furniture/tables/ozen-solo-table.html

Kathy A Handyside
    BPL Member

@earlymusicus

Locale: Southeastern Michigan

Well, Backpacker magazine said it weighs 8 ounces, but on the Snow Peak website, they say 12 ounces. It looks like a really cool little table, though.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

You could probably rig your own. Get a stiffer frame sheet, maybe out of carbon fiber. Find a way to use your tent poles or stakes as legs.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Really? What you gonna put on that? Alarm clock and a glass of water? You need a table backpacking like you need, an extension cord.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Ken I sorta agree with you.

but I can see it being handy for cooking in winter, I have a bad back so sometimes sitting for a long time while melting snow sux.

definitely a luxury item, though. Kinda like a book / ipod. (which I dont bring)

The GSI table- YES totally worthless cause its only 6" tall ( you sit on the ground anyway)
    with this one you could have it be as tall as your poles get (or a stick).
    (I just keep seeing myself bellied up to "the bar" in the backcountry)

sounds fun

Jim L
    BPL Member

@bmafg

I saw the comments about not needing an ultralight table and no table being UL. Hell, you don't really NEED anything more than a sharp rock and a loin cloth (optional, I guess) but different people want different levels of comfort, convenience, etc. Each person gets to draw their line between want and need wherever they want. The OP had at least recognized the need to keep his table light.

Lighten up.

Jim

NOTE… I just reread this post. Sounds WAY harsher than I intended. sorry about that. Jim

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

If you're primarily looking at this for winter, here's my suggestion and is what we do up here in Alaska. Dig down in the snow for your kitchen (gets you out of the wind, anyway so it's worth it), build benches and a table from snow simply by not digging those sections out as deep. Use your shovel blade as your stove base and cook on your snow table. This assumes, of course, you get that kind of deeper snow where you're at but a lightweight shovel is kind of a must for winter camping anyway and it would save you from having to carry extra gear.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools