Topic

Bear Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, August 24-26

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Bear Lake, Emigrant Wilderness, August 24-26

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

My friend Darien and I are heading up early Friday morning for a 2 night, easygoing trip to Camp and Bear Lake, from the Crabtree trailhead. On Saturday we may take off for the day to explore some more lakes, but come back to Bear Lake for the night.
    Darien is new to backpacking and we are keeping this a leisurely trip. It would be fun to introduce her to other fellow backpackers, both for the good company and for her to see more gear and hear about other trips.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I had too much work to do this weekend so we postponed the trip to Sept. 7th.
    Anyone care to join us?

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Kat, have you been to Camp Lake?? It is only a couple of miles from the trailhead and there are not that great of camping options…just an FYI. Bear Lake is quite nice though and from the trailhead is about 4-5 miles. You might want to hike there and explore from there. At the inlet of the lake, you can follow it cross country to I think it is Granite Lake?? Nice day hike and some easy cross country…you use the creek as a reference. Minimal map skills required.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Hi Ken,
    Yes the plan is to go the Bear Lake and camp there and then day hike on Saturday . This will be a leisurely trip, the last one with my friend who is moving to Colorado.
    Thanks.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

If you two want a fun dayhike try the trip that I suggested…it has some uphill but it is a lot of fun and the views are great

Kevin Burton
    BPL Member

@burtonator

Locale: norcal

I'd be down.. I edited my profile if you'd like to read it. It has links to my blog and youtube videos about backpacking. Though the blog is mostly about CompSci.

I'm trying to find more fellow backpackers. The company is nice and there is the safety issue as well. That and it's nice to learn tricks through osmosis.

That and planning expeditions is hard so you can share the work and driving.

Sharon J.
    BPL Member

@squark

Locale: SF Bay area

so long as everyone likes dogs, Allie and I are in. Kevin, your profile says SF; I'm in Berkeley, so if you want to BART over, I could drive.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

We love dogs!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools