Topic

Finding Our Way. 8/18 thru 8/19 2012

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Finding Our Way. 8/18 thru 8/19 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

An overnight.

Summer nearly over, my kids return to school and I begin teaching for my 13th year. Lately I've been reading quite a bit of research about the impact and importance of nature on childhood development. I'm quite fortunate that this is never something I've had to "push" on my children; they ask for it. How it pays off, specifically, in their personal lives I'm not sure I'll ever be able to quantify. But I'm certain the dividends are huge when it comes to our relationship; that is quite tangible.
    This trip was my son's 19th night outdoors in a sleeping bag this summer with me. My daughter has had 20. We're fortunate.

http://sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/finding-our-way-818-819-2012/

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

a big +1!

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Craig,

I agree wholeheartedly with Ken + 1 and then some!

Cherish those moments and those memories.

I spent a night in the back yard with our youngest son when he was about 6 or 7 years old. We tented at elevation (11 feet up in a clubhouse that I built) using a $14.00 K Mart "blue light special".;-)

I still have that tent and probably always will.

Party On,

Newton

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Beautiful. Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools