Topic

Started a companion trail guide to Sweden’s Bohusleden

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Started a companion trail guide to Sweden’s Bohusleden

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cesar Valdez

@primezombie

Locale: Scandinavia

Got back from an awesome 5 day trip covering 90km of the Bohusleden, and decided to do something a little different and bigger than my usual trip reports. Check it out:

http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.se/2012/08/cesars-guide-to-bohusleden-introduction.html

I focus more on the trip and the trail, and so far have not written anything about gear, sorry gear junkies. But I am sure some of you are wondering, so:

Base weight 3.8kg, plus food 3.5kg, plus water (max volume) 2.2kg = Max total backpack weight of 9.5kg. Did not bother to weigh clothing worn, but it was nothing special–NB trail runners (don't know the model, but they are pretty beefy, not any of the minimal ones), running pants, synth t-shirt, baseball cap, windbreaker.

I normally only hauled about 1.2l of water, as water is plentiful on this trail most of the time. In 5 days I only ran into 6 people total on the trail. Really had a great time, looking forward to writing up the rest of my reports, and of course hiking the rest of the trail. Let me know what you think :)

Cesar Valdez

@primezombie

Just posted my most detailed report yet, with lots of pics, in case anyone might be interested. 4 total so far are up, will probably put up another 4 in the next few weeks.

Feedback always welcome :)

Link in the OP.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Such a different landscape and hiking experience there than here in far northern California. You're doing a great job. Looking forward to the rest.

Cesar Valdez

@primezombie

Thanks man, glad you like it so far :)

I was born in Los Angeles, CA, and when I was a kid did some trips up to Northern CA but didn't get to the far north.

Cesar Valdez

@primezombie

Okay, finally finished up my reports from a 5 day section hike spanning 6 sections of trail. 64 pictures uploaded. I am planning another 3 day section hike with a friend in October, and of course more reports after that. Between now and October I will also write up a report on one more section that I hiked on a short overnight trip back in April.

Link in the OP. Questions and feedback always welcome :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools