Topic

PCT Days – Sat Aug 25

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

Not having seen any advertising for this annual event (other than that quoted below from the PCTA website), I decided to post the information for those in the Portland, OR area who might like to attend. I ran into Balls and Sunshine last year in the parking lot.

Each year, many of the thru hikers are in the area, and several vendors have booths set up there. I know that Six Moon Designs will be there, which will let attendees get hands-on experience with their entire line of shelters and packs.

http://pcta.org/general/calendar.asp

"On Saturday, August 25th, 2012 the sixth annual "Pacific Crest Trail Day" will take place on Thunder Island at the Marine Park in Cascade Locks, Oregon.

Like last year, it is bound to be a great time for people to get together and celebrate the past, present and future of the Pacific Crest Trail.

Attendees may arrive to Thunder Island, located in the Marine Park of Cascade Locks at 10 a.m. on Saturday, August 25 and stay until 4 p.m. on Sunday, August 26th. Camping on-site is free and there is no charge to attend the event."

Party on.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools