Topic

Cleaning your gear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Cleaning your gear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Williams

@qldhike

Locale: Queensland

I've finally reached the stage where my gear list is stable and actually being used on a regular basis and hence needs to be cleaned more regularly. This has led to me to think about correct gear cleaning and maintenance. Who uses technical washes like nikwax, mcnett etc and how do you find them? Are they worth it over just normal detergent?

Is it only down garments and DWR clothing I need to worry about or will fleeces and synthetic base layers benefit from specialized cleaning products also?

I think this is becoming more relevant because just when you find your favourite piece of gear your find they change it the next year or discontinue it so you better make it last as long as possible.

Your thoughts?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools