Topic

Ummmm….MSR Groundhog Stakes for $1.15ea. Shipped?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ummmm….MSR Groundhog Stakes for $1.15ea. Shipped?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

I wonder how these compare. Wonder if they come from the same factory.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/aluminum-camping-tent-spikes-nail-stakes-red-4-pack-111326?item=56

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

Must admit they look like MSR Groundhog stakes, which (to date) are my favorite stakes ever for holding power. The price seems pretty sweet.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Despite the DealExtreme address suggestion, they really are not nail stakes.

–B.G.–

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

No they are not…
    Different shape head for a start
    There are plenty of Y stakes about including from some reputable tent makers, not just MSR.
    Franco

Ron Berry

@squishware

Locale: Southwest Florida

I use the Coghlan's ultralight, nine inch variety. No problems yet but the ground is soft here.

chris kersten

@xanadu

Locale: here

I see the deal extreme name in the title so I ran. I ordered two things from them. 10 mini lights which work for about 3 to 5 minutes each and then start sputtering. And a soft water bottle that never arrived. They just sent me an email over a year later to ask if I was ever refunded. Just spend your money on lotto tickets.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools