Topic

Ultralight A to Z Gear Videos

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ultralight A to Z Gear Videos

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bryan Schuetz

@bryanschuetz

I've been a fan of Hiking in Finland's gear reviews for a while so I was excited to see Hendrik's project show up on Kickstarter a little over a year ago. I've been eagerly awaiting the videos ever since. Every couple of months I'll think to myself "self, I'll say, I wonder if Hendrik has finished those videos yet? I'd love to watch them." Then, I'll go Google around to see if I can find any, or see if he's completed the series yet.

Well, this made things easier: http://hashendrikfinishedatozyet.com/

Just some good natured ribbing I'm sure. If anything, I hope it spurs him into some action, I'd really love to see those videos actually get made. I don't know what's behind the delay, but I hope he gets it sorted and gets on with the alphabet.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Now a father and short on time. I to would like to see some more progress being made. But I do not want it to wind up looking like it was rushed either. Quality is worth the wait. As long as the wait is not so long that A is outdated by the time we get to Z.

David Ure

@familyguy

What was the estimated time to market? Does he provide updates to the sponsors? I guess no $$ is out since the finished product has not been completed.

Sounds better than the BPL model. I kid, I kid.

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

According to the page the initial goal was met but has now been changed to 300 backers. There are I think 176 backers now. Not sure if that means the project is on hold.

On another totally unrelated note I get a kick (no pun intended) out of some of the kickstarter projects. There was one where an individual wanted to hike the appalachian trail or one of the other cross country trails. But hiking the trail required quitting their job and raising money to hike the trail. In return for funding the trip the backers would receive blog updates or something like that about the trip progress.

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

I agree with Ken… I don't want to see them rushed either so it is worth the wait. And I am sure that being a new father is also taking up quite a bit of time too… can't blame him for that.

However, he has already finished videos A, B, C, E, & F. As far as the rest, here is a quote from a recent email that is sent to the Kickstarter Sponsors:

"Episodes D, G and H should be rolled out by mid August, and Episodes I, J, K and L follow in a more regular manner after that (as will be the rest)."

The videos so far have been great, but I will admit, I am looking forward to having the whole series on disc and in HD!

Also, I am not sure if even the completed videos have been made public yet…

BPL Member

@rememberthelorax

Sounds like my experiences with the Backcountry Boiler kickstarter project.

I have been one of the 5 people in the world to be in the "1%" of people that did not get a BB.

It is now 14 months after I got charged the $135 bucks for it, and it still has not showing up.

It seems to me that he could have just gone out into his backyard and hand-made 5 of them for us 5 people that failed to receive them.

He eventually offered the 5 people (the 1% he claims did not get them) a refund. No idea how many people took him up on his offer, but I have not. At this point is about principles. I want my Backcountry Boiler I paid for over a year ago!

(updated to include links)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I have helped to fund three Kickstarter projects. All 3 have not gone according to plan. Fluke?

Got my Boiler, waiting for A to Z, other in post production.

Gregory Allen
    BPL Member

@gallen1119

Locale: Golden, CO

BTW, Devin FINALLY posted an update today. http://www.theboilerwerks.com/

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Have not seen any new videos, has anyone heard from Hendrik.

Matt Zabojnik

@mattzab

Hello,

I just recently became interested in UL backpacking and that brought me here. I saw that if I get a lifetime membership, I'll have free access to the UL A to Z Gear videos, but so far I can't even find any information on them other than the fact that they are a proposed idea. Are the completed yet? Would I be simply wasting money if I got the lifetime membership? Will they take a lifetime to complete?
    Any help here?

This is my first post. Thanks,

mattzab

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools