Topic

Which THIN tights?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Which THIN tights?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Hi all,

I sleep better when in the woods if I have on my baselayers, esp tights. Even if not needed for warmth, I like how they keep my quilt or bag cleaner. Also tights help me avoid that "sticky" feeling of my legs touching each other, which has bothered me occasionally as a side sleeper.

Are thin silk layers durable enough? I don't want this pair for warmth, but for the above reasons, and even my thinnest poly or wool layers are too warm sometimes.

Thanks,
    Todd

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

Locale: Western Colorado

I always sleep in long-sleeve/long pants base layers for the exact same reasons you state, though, being a bit of a cold-sleeper, I usually use a heavier weight material The silk baselayers I have had were pretty light, but still durable. I would think they would work out fine for you.

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

I'm the same way. I have a set of lightweight silk baselayers that I'm pretty sure are from REI. They're durable enough but do snag. When it comes time to replace them, I thought I'd get Capilene 1's instead.

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Locale: The North, Scotland

Me too so I use a pair of long silk shorts (85g – by Patra, UK) – bit heavy. They are (or seem to be two years in) hard-wearing enough.

I am on the lookout for something more versatile though (full length, probably synthetic, but lighter) as 3/4 pant boosters for early morn/evening….

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Thank you everyone!

Sounds like they should fit the bill.

Which are lightest?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools