Topic

Ultralight camera that does HDR?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Ultralight camera that does HDR?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Burton
    BPL Member

@burtonator

Locale: norcal

I love HDR photos and in the outdoors it REALLY helps because the sky can often be overexposed.

Are there any lightweight cameras that do HDR that you guys would recommend?

If not what ultralight cameras are you using?

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Kevin,

Check out the Sony NEX5n….it has a HDR function built in, which you can program one of the buttons to automatically enter the HDR mode.

I have been toying with getting it.

I currently use a Cannon digital elph pocket camera.

-Tony

Robert Blean
    BPL Member

@blean

Locale: San Jose -- too far from Sierras

A number of premium cameras, such as Canon PowerShot G12, Canon PowerShot S100, Nikon Coolpix P7100, Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7

Travel zooms do not seem to have it

Some super zooms do have it, such as Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 (but that is not an ultralight camera — 20.7 ounces)

I see that one waterproof camera has it — Nikon Coolpix AW100

Those are a few I know of — have you tried the DP Review search function? I don't know whether it allows screening on in-camera HDR, but it seems worth a look.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Are there any lightweight cameras that do HDR that you guys would recommend?"

My Nikon P310 has the HDR function, and I've been pretty happy with it so far.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

There is an HDR option in the DPReview search function but you still need to verify.
    DPReview (top bar) cameras-camera feature search – show advanced search filters the HDR is the last filter listed
    Franco

Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

If using a phone is an option, then you can find HDR software for it. I have the Pro HDR app for the iPhone that works really well.

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

The Canon s95 does HDR but doesn't autoalign, so you need to shoot from a stable platform.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools