Topic

UL Tent for tall people

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) UL Tent for tall people

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    braden forrey
    Spectator

@bforrey

Locale: Hudson Valley NY

I am 6'7 and have been using the MLD trailstar and loving it. But I am looking for a fully enclosed UL tent. I looked at the SMD skyscape but they told me I probably wouldnt fit. Any suggestions on a Tent for tall people?

j lan

@justaddfuel

Locale: MN
    braden forrey
    Spectator

@bforrey

That looks like a great option plenty long for me. Thanks for the info. Have you or anyone eles ever use "light hearted gear" before?

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

if you do a forum search there is huge amount of info and peoples reviews,when you do the search it is light heart not hearted and you could look at this also.

Andrew Clark
    BPL Member

@datsclark

Locale: San Francisco

I'm just about 6'7" as well. After trying a few options, i ended up with the Shangri-la 1 for my trekking pole option, and a fly creek UL2 for a free standing tent. Both work for me. Most of the 1 person tents are just too short / cramped. The sloping walls eat into the useful space often.

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com
    Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

or click here for Jolly Green Giants review

David Ure

@familyguy

The Tarptent Rainbow and Stratosphire will fit you without issue.

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

+1 to the TT Rainbow.

I am 6' 2" and there is at least 18 inches extra room in terms of length.

Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

Locale: Nebraska

The Golite Shangri La 2 would be plenty long. Both with and without the inner nest.

I am 6'3" and have about a foot extra length

David Adair
    Spectator

@davidadair

Locale: West Dakota

I have been using a basic silylon Lightheart Solong for about a year. The more I use it the more I am liking it. At 30 sf of floor space it has plenty of space to spread out in. There's usually me, my pack and a smallish dog or two in there. The end struts make the space at the ends usable. At 6' I really don't need all the head room, length or space but I certainly enjoy having it. It is a comfortable tent that doesn't require much in the way of sacrifice for the light weight. In fact it is so civilized it kinda makes me feel like….well uh…like a…like a princess. There I said it, a 200 lb sweaty princess.

Ole Saether
    BPL Member

@osaether

Locale: Norway

Helsport Ringstind Superlight 1-2: http://www.helsport.no/en/product/TENTS/PRO/Ringstind_Superlight_12

The total weight of the tent with everything (but without the rep kit) is 33 oz (940 g). I have this tent and I am very pleased with it.

eric lansford
    BPL Member

@papasherpa

Locale: PNW

I have a LightHeart SoLong with the awning and love it.

braden forrey
    Spectator

@bforrey

Thanks everyone for the great ideas and info it was a big help. Looks like I will probably go with a light heart Solong 6. Those look like a great product. So glad someone out there is taking care of us tall freaks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools