Topic

Xuelian Feng Expedition 2005

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Mountaineering & Alpinism Xuelian Feng Expedition 2005

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Johan Willem Heersink

@wolfheart

With a couple of others I am going on an expedition to Xuelian Feng from 3 to 30 september. Xuelian (snow lotus peak) is situated in the Chinese part of the Central Tien Shan, roughly 60 kilometer Northeast of Peak Pobeda. It is 6627 meter high and given its remote location and thus long walk in, high costs of going there, as far as the knowledge goes only one expedition ever, Japanese in 1990 did go there and climbed the main peak.
    Climbing on the main peak is complex and of great technical difficulty, needing 5 camps, so our 27 days will not allow for such. Anyway I had figured out that one of the other 6 (all unclimbed) 6000ers is more interesting to do.
    The thing is planned as a lightweight trip and given the fact that I use my local contacts for permits, permission to travel to this officially closed for foreigners border area, it is also quite a low budget one.
    If anybody is interested in joining us, don’t hesitate to drop me a line at [email protected] ! I’ll subsequently will sent you more info, with photographs, by mail. Given the long walk in through pristine terrain and the good possibilities for 1 and more day trekkings, it is also interesting for hiking mountaineers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools