Topic

dual windscreen/stove?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) dual windscreen/stove?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

I had a thought and wondered if such a thing existed. I was wondering if it was possible to use a thin and flexible long strip of titanium that had 1/2" holes at the top and bottom as both a half circle windscreen for an alcohol stove and to join it on itself or create an arc that is 7/8 of a circle to use it as a wood stove for a wide bottomed pot? And if so who could make such a thing or where could I get the materials? Thank you.

Simon Wurster
    BPL Member

@einstein

Locale: Big Apple

Could work, but needs some fleshing out. The height of the screen may not work well as a wood stove (too tall). Maybe tent stakes can be used to provide adjustment. Wood stoves require huge mouths to feed them, which may not work well when used as a screen.

Titanium would be the material of choice, but for experimenting, nothing beats shim steel, about $15 for 6" x 120". .0025" or even .003" would be my choice, depending on your pot size.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools