Topic

Snow Peak Hotlips with Evernew Pots

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Snow Peak Hotlips with Evernew Pots

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

Does anyone know and can confirm if and what Evernew pots the Snow Peak Hotlips might fit on, if at all? Was hoping it might fit on the 700ml Pasta Pot (http://www.evernewamerica.com/ECA521.htm). TIA!

Tommy Franzen
    Spectator

@tomlike

Locale: Pacific Wonderland

I can't tell you what Evernew pots they fit on, but I can tell you from my limited experience with them that they are worthless. Cheap, flimsy and poorly designed!

Stephen P

@spavlock

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

If your kitchen is pretty light, try to bring along a small styrofoam cup. It may take some careful packing, but they work nice for morning coffee. I can't stand waiting for the pot to cool before drinking coffee!! No experience with the hot lips…sorry.

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

My Evernew .6L ultralight pot cools down very fast… I can actually bend and dent the titanium with my hand, im not sure if thats a good thing but its very light…

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

While I appreciate the noted experience with the hotlips; though my experience has been completely the opposite; I currently own them and was wondering as to their fit on Evernew products. Looking to lighten my load a tiny abount while finding a more accommodating pasta cooking pot (that I can still use as my single layer cup too).

Perhaps my answer should be to pass on Evernew cookware if it's that easily bent/dented…

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

Not easily, it takes all my strength. I actually indented the bottom in a little bit (with my thumbs) to retain heat better.

Thinner Ti cookware uses less fuel too.

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Unlike some people on this thread, I have found the hotlips to be useful and effective. As to fitting various size pots… hotlips are silicon, so they will fit on virtually any pot. I just checked and the do fine on my Evernew 1.3 pot (wide bottom) and my daughter's 600ml mug. I normally use it on my MLD 850 mug.

–Mark

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Mark

Thanks for the info. Know anyone that has one of the pasta pots…or do any of the pots you mentioned have the same lip roll as on the Evernew Pasta pots? Their lip roll looks very close (if not slightly more flared out) to the SP Trek 700 which my Hotlips work flawlessly on. TIA!

Ken

Nathan Stuart

@forest-2

Locale: Hunter Valley - Australia

I made some "hotlips" from Sugru

http://sugru.com/

Custom fit and they work great on my Evernew 1.0ltr pasta pot.

Just spray the area you wish to mould it too with cooking spray so you can get them off once set then following day.

Kathy A Handyside
    BPL Member

@earlymusicus

Locale: Southeastern Michigan

I have an Evernew 900 ml Pot/Mug (model ECA267) and I also have the Hotlips. I tried the hotlips on the Evernew pot/mug and they fit just fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools