Topic

3 Day, 2 nights In Hoover Wilderness…Where To Go

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning 3 Day, 2 nights In Hoover Wilderness…Where To Go

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

A buddy and I are heading out for a few days in September …I have chosen Hoover Wilderness and was wondering what we can do in three days. Suggestions?

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

WE did a lovely trip there last year…up to Fremont Lake the first night, then to Cinko Lake, and then up Long Valley for the last night. All of those were great…but I would pass up Long Valley for now. I think you could get back out from Cinko in one long day if you tried, as it it all downhill

There are photos and a trip report on our website, under the destinations section.

Elizabeth Tracy
    BPL Member

@mariposa

Locale: Outside

The classic loop has to be the one out of Twin Lakes. Crown Lake the first night (or the lake higher up to the west of it; can't recall name); Peeler Lake the second night; then out. It's a semiloop. If you're in great shape, add some wanderings, such as up to Burro Pass and beyond. (Burro Pass is infinitely more interesting than the part of Yosemite immediately west of Peeler Lake.)

Or, start at Green Lakes trailhead. A couple of options. One: Finish at Virginia Lake. (Need to a arrange a hitchhike or shuttle.) Wander to Summit Lake and beyond on your layover day. Two: Semiloop, Green Lake trailhead – East Lake – Summit Lake – Virgnia Canyon – Virginia Pass (easy x-country pass west of West Lake) – West Lake – out.

Most of the lakes on any of these trips are fantastic.

– Elizabeth

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

If you are a peak bagger, then I recommend Tower Peak, which is on the border of Yosemite, but you have to hike in from Hwy 108. As I recall, it is Class 2 toward the top. Great view.

–B.G.–

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools