Topic

Advice for Tenkara Beginner

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Advice for Tenkara Beginner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ROSS BERRY

@rossberry

I am going to the Graveyard Peak region of the Sierra Nevada's in about a month and my father has put me in charge of acquiring fishing gear. Neither of us have extensive fishing experience. We have both been fly fishing maybe twice, deep sea fishing two or three times, and standard fresh water casting a few times. I have decided to go with Tenkara style fishing after researching the matter quite a bit. Since fishing is not currently a proactive hobby of mine and I have a limited budget, I am planning on buying two 330 Fountainhead Stone Fly Rods. I am then planning on buying two sets of line, tippet, and two hemostats. I have no idea how many or what kind of flies to purchase for 4-5 days in the Sierra's. Please advise me on flies, and correct any of my plans if there are wiser alternatives. Thank you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools