Topic

Rain coat or poncho for use with a pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Rain coat or poncho for use with a pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ray Bailly

@tempestv

I'm on the search for some sort of rain protection that I can throw on without taking off my pack. I'm picturing either a poncho that covers both me and my pack, or a rain coat with a split back to wrap around the backpack suspension. Does anyone make anything like that?

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

If you haven't seen it yet, you might want to consider The Packa as a great alternative. I have one in silnylon and one in eVent and love it. It has huge pit zips to give you as much ventilation as possible and you can put it on your pack in "pack cover" mode and quickly don the jacket part while hiking if you need it.

Like any pack cover, it works best if you use a hydration bladder and tube…It can be a little challenging to get a water bottle out of the side pocket while wearing it.

Toby Salz
    Spectator

@tobysalz

great product. dual use. super light.

http://zpacks.com/accessories/groundsheet_poncho.shtml

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools