Topic

Three Sisters Loop Sept 1-3

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Three Sisters Loop Sept 1-3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael Mathisen

@mathix

Locale: Oregon

Anyone Interested?

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

You might find someone interested at portlandhikers.org

Michael Mathisen

@mathix

Hey Jerry. I read your post on the Portland Hiker Field Guide about The Sister Loop. I was curious how bad/undeveloped is the short cut trail between the Middle and North Sisters?

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

That route is described in detail – the Camp Lake from Pole Creek Hike – linked to by the Three Sisters Hike.

The trail/route is not particularly bad, but at places is faint and difficult to find. Kind of an adventure if you're into that.

Going up from Camp Lake, the trail is rather steep and loose. Even Sept 1 there's probably snow.

And then on the other side, there are the two large Chambers Lakes. On the lower one, there's no trail, you just have to walk next to the lake. And as you go below there, there's not really any trail but you can see signs of other people, just go Southeast. Within 1/2 mile you'll see a trail again which goes on to the PCT.

The junction with the PCT is not marked, and any trail is faint. Just follow along South of the creek until you find the trail (if you're going the other direction from the PCT).

Michael Mathisen

@mathix

Thanks Jerry. I should have read the post thoroughly.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Great hike…great time of the year. Unfortunately, I'm on the east coast.

Enjoy (and please post a trip report),
    Tom

Michael Mathisen

@mathix

I Plan to leave from Devils Lake on 9/1. My goal is to do it in 2 days but I will plan on it being a 3 day hike.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools