Topic

Summer 2012 weekend gear list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Summer 2012 weekend gear list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ole Saether
    BPL Member

@osaether

Locale: Norway

I have uploaded my Summer 2012 weekend gear list to my profile. Please have a look!

Of interest might be the one-off custom Trail Designs Caldera "Fissure" for the BPL 550-SUL that fits inside the pot that I "forced" Trail Designs to make for me!

I have not listed map and compass but might bring it if I go into unknown territory. I usually hike alone so the Spot 2 messenger is always with me.

Also the weather is bad over here these days so I usually wear the (somewhat) heavy Beta AR pants.

chris Mcfarland

@pecos

Locale: baba yaga's porch

Just one 500ml water bottle? Nice list, i need to put mine into a spread sheet

Ole Saether
    BPL Member

@osaether

I usually refill my water bottle from streams as I go. When I go to areas where there is less water I carry a 2 liter Platypus in addition to the 500 ml.

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

You should take some aquamira drops or a squeeze (4oz with bag).

Your FAK and repair kit seem heavy, whats in those?

Ole Saether
    BPL Member

@osaether

The heaviest items in my kits are: sports tape (49g), Gramcracker esbit stove with one tablet (22g), mosquito repellent (22g), fire steel (15g), fire tinder in aloksak (15g), Thermarest repkit (13g), waterproof matches (15g), a few single-use "wet ones" in aloksak (19g)

I always carry the sports tape because I have weak ankles and may need to tape them.

I have since trimmed down these kits and will upload a new file soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools