Topic

2 Gram Backcountry Shower!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion 2 Gram Backcountry Shower!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TLG
    BPL Member

@cmich

By design preference I carry a 1L smart water bottle, The long slender shape fits good in the Jam 50 pockets. I also carry a second cap (that weighs a mere 2 grams) in my hygiene bag that has holes in the cap. This works great as a shower head to rinse off after bathing. I use tiny amounts of biodegradable soap sparingly in a 48 gram milk jug wash basin far far away from any water source. So for about 50 grams I have a complete backcountry bathing and laundry washing system.

shower head

basin

How do you deal with "the funk" on week long trips?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I use the smart water sport cap on my 1 liter narrow mouth aquafina bottles and like it alot, even for the shower. No second cap needed.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

"How do you deal with "the funk" on week long trips?"

I don't. i embrace it
    ;)

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

kidding aside, i have a (1 gram??) solution, but it doesn't include the light milk tub. I have a shower attachment for my gravity filter. Works great unless there's nothing to hang the filter on, then it's time for hiking pole creative engineering. It does not always work out well.

joseph peterson

@sparky

Locale: Southern California

I smell just fine after a week!

I just use mud or sand to clean up, and do it daily. You might be surprised how well it works. I don't carry soap anymore.

Miner
    BPL Member

@miner

Locale: SoCAL

I bought a platypus shower attachmentback in 2008. I cut the tubing short (~4")and added a platypus quick disconnect to it, my bite valve and my platy resevoir. Just hang it from a tree when I want to use it by some cord and swap the bite valve for the shower attachment. You can take a decent shower with a 2L bag. Not as light as 2 grams, but still fractional ounces.

. Callahan
    BPL Member

@aeronautical

Locale: London, UK.

I have the MSR Dromedary 4 and 6 litre bags and bought the shower fitting, though I mainly use the suds up, rinse down strip wash with flannel method, after using wet wipes.

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

You could easily sand down the shower cap lid and cut the weight in half. It amazes me how these people have a total disreguard for pack weight, go light its better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools