Topic

enLIGHTened equipment quilts in stock and ready to go

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals enLIGHTened equipment quilts in stock and ready to go

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

Tim

I'm just wondering what makes your Revelation X quilt's material "seconds"? Is it occasional snags, crooked box pattern, etc.? Do you have any shots of of what the typical "seconds" defects are?

TIA!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Most of our X quilts have no noticeable issues. Occasionally we find a small stain or mark. Our olive green has 2 grey lines running down the center, they are put there intentionally but do affect the aesthetic of the fabric, a little. About 1 in every 100 quilts requires a small repair due to damaged fabric so any issues are very rare and even on these rare quilts (5 or 6 in 10 months) the repairs are pretty discreet.

-Tim

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification. I've been using my Marmot Hydrogen like a quilt lately and am starting to feel that a quilt may be in order. I've been eyeballing your stuff. ;)

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Well Ken, I'm not sure how comfortable I am with you "eyeballing my stuff" but I'll gladly help you out with a quilt whenever you're ready

-Tim

Charles P
    Spectator

@mediauras

Locale: Terra

There's some joke to be had about "loft" here but i'll leave it to the professionals. :)

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Baffle width?

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

HA! Good man, I like how you roll!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

I can always be counted on for the jokes, and sarcasim. Jokes and sarcasim are all I have. Oh, and the occasional quilt factoid.

-Tim

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

Tim……worried about you, pal……….
    tim

M

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

For those wondering about Tim's quilts used as under quilts………

uq

M
    PS–Yeah, that's a Warbonnet ElDorado with Dynaglide whoopies!

Gregory Allen
    BPL Member

@gallen1119

Locale: Golden, CO

Purchased 2 EE Rev X two weeks ago for me and wife. Received yesterday so they haven't been field tested. I can say that I don't see any significant imperfections in the material, maybe just a bit of color variation in the outer grey shell. Construction is beautiful, well sewn, and clean. Snaps and tie points are slim, light, but solid. We both got 20 degree overstuff because we are cold sleepers, wanted to extend to three seasons, and many of our nights are spent at or above treeline. The difference in weight for us was well worth it. A more formal review will follow as fall temps and weather hits the high Rockies. Customer service, value, and overall responsiveness to questions/concerns is unparelelled in any other company I have delt with. Tim's response to email was always less than 12 hours, even on weekends, often less than an hour. With service like this, I am sure the delivered product will live up to expectations. Thx Tim.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Not sure if you guys will believe me or not but I pull my phone out every few minutes checking for emails from you because I can't wait the 5 min between auto fetching. I love talking to you guys and helping put you in the right quilt. I have been turning down a lot more custom work because of how busy things are so sorry again to those I've had to turn away.

-Tim

P.s.
    I said I like talking to you guys, but I really meant typing. I am a long winded SOB and a question I could answer in a 30 sec email takes me 2 hrs on the phone, with my screaming kids in the background. sorry that I can't be more available that way.

Jason H

@i2ambler

Mine's on its way! Woo ha! Glorious red and black.. Ill post pics when I get it in another thread. :)

F Reid Shippen

@makeitwork

Locale: Southeast

That sounds about right. LMK if you have any more specials lying about. I'm 5'10" 200lbs (yup, just put that on the freaking internets) and would love to rock one of your creations.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

First post in this thread always shows what I currently have available. As the quilts are added or removed it always gets changed there first to keep it current

-Tim

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

S14 RevelationX 6' WIDE 30* grey/yellow $180/$185 Overstuffed

Added

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

Tim,

I received my quilt. I must say, it is 0.1oz overweight!! What is the world coming to.

That better be down…

Just kidding, its awesome!

How is one supposed to use the cords which are provided with the toggles? I had imagined a mitten hook maybe on one end behind a toggle, where you can hook it on one side of quilt, and easily tighten by sliding the toggle back. If double back the cord thru the toggle, its kinda hard to adjust.

I suppose putting a hole in the loop with a hot nail, and then putting cord thru that before putting toggle on would work too,just cannot unhook totally easily.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Tie a loop in one end of the cord and girth hitch them to one side of the quilt. We think it works good just sticking the cord through the loop and adjust tension with the cord lock. I just finished adding cord loops to a quilt to test. These should hole better. Well see (should have 3 extra corlocks if you do it this way)

-Tim

F Reid Shippen

@makeitwork

Locale: Southeast

I'll take this S14 30* overstuffed.

PM or email reidshippen at gmail, and thank you!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

S14 pending to Reid

-Tim

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

S14 Sold

-Tim

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

another S12 RevelationX 6' WIDE 20* grey/red $190/$195 Overstuffed now abaliable

-Tim

Chris Chung

@bpmonkey

Locale: Los Angeles

I am interested in the Revelation X 6' wide 20* with overstuff.
    I have emailed you with a couple of questions.

Barry Harrell

@brouche

New to EE and BPL. Just followed your news link while doing some research on switching to a quilt. Hopefully not a dumb question but do the "S4, S12, etc" just refer to your stock numbers or is that some code for the fabric?

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Just the stock number. Matches the specs to the physical quilt.

-Tim

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 219 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools