Topic

Hilleberg Anjan Reviewin TGO magazine

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Hilleberg Anjan Reviewin TGO magazine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

TGO Magazine in the UK has a first impressions review, by Chris Townsend, of the Anjan. His conclusions were that, because of the height of the fly, it was really best for sheltered conditions. I was fairly set on getting one of these as a three man family tent , but will now probably have to consider other options.

David Ure

@familyguy

I am not surprised but realistically, most 3 season shelters are best for sheltered conditions. But then instead of a Hilleberg, an UL model probably makes more sense such as the TT Hogback, etc. In more exposed conditions, I would go with one of Hilleberg's 4 season shelters for the extra strength. What about a Nallo 3?

Martin Rye
    BPL Member

@rye1966

Locale: UK

Ask Jaakko about it http://korpijaakko.wordpress.com/2012/05/28/hilleberg-anjan-3-first-impression/ seems ok looking at his photos.

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Thanks Martin I have seen Jaakko's post and like you think it looked pretty OK. However, David could have been reading my thoughts. For the weight and cost I was hoping for more. My expectations, however, may have been unrealistic:).

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Two common complaints from them Brits :
    1) the fly does not hug the ground
    2) too much condensation (from my ground hugging fly…)
    Can't win.
    Anyway I was nice and dry yesterday morning inside my non ground hugging fly , the guys inside their bombproof ground hugging tent had to split up (one slept in the nearby hut) because of condensation inside their tent. (not a Hilly but a similar tunnel design )
    Franco

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Meow Franco:) Were you in a Tarptent by any chance:).

I may be in touch about a Startospire 2,as a possible option.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

well I don't get it…
    You can open up (at least a bit ) most tents and get some air flow yet most are reluctant to do so.
    Just like the guys that are dripping with sweat and then blame their Tex jackets because they don't "breathe" forgetting they are wearing 4 layers under it…
    Franco

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will be using my Anjan 2 at 11,000 ft elevations in September in the Winds. Will report back on how it does.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools