Topic

Emigrant Wilderness – Granite Dome, Lewis Lakes, Ridge Lake

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Emigrant Wilderness – Granite Dome, Lewis Lakes, Ridge Lake

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kiel Senninger
    BPL Member

@kiel-s

Locale: San Diego

I'm planning a weekend trip up to the lakes at the base of Granite Dome. Any suggestions for campsites? Any lakes up there better than others for quasi-sheltered spots? I've been digging up past trip reports and pictures and it looks like slim pickins. Also, any trees tall and sturdy enough to hang one days' food for two people or should I bring the can?

Thanks!

Charles P
    Spectator

@mediauras

Locale: Terra

Here's a recent TR that might help. I'll probably be doing same weekend trip in a few weeks. Looks like a granite wonderland!

http://www.highsierratopix.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7904

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

There are nice campsites at Ridge Lake and Iceland Lake. There are likely other spots too. I looked at my pictures and there are trees at both lakes that would allow for a bear hang.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools