Topic

2012 Wilderness Classic

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports 2012 Wilderness Classic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

I've been looking forward to reading your take on this year's classic for some time, thank you.

Now I could wax philosophical about many of the points you raise, but you've done a pretty good job yourself.

I will say I always love the sense of certainty that flickers and shifts and bends with the moment and one's surroundings on hard trips/events like this; contrasting your tone in the video with your tone in the writing, almost swearing it all off one moment, only to later regroup, refocus, reflect and develop a new sense of "certainty" that something will be calling you back and wanting to hit it even harder.

Or not. Such is life.

Good on you for getting out and seeking it, finish or not, wherever this may take you.
    Though I suspect it's not the end you were musing about on camera…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools