Topic

Haven/Cobra Combo

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Haven/Cobra Combo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

I recently got a chance to look at the Six Moon Designs cuben Haven. The inner tent from a Coleman, Peak 1, Cobra fits nicely under it. A few minor modifications would make it work.

This is probably a match-up that very few would be interested in. The buyer of the 10 ounce, $400, SMD cuben tarp is probably looking for something different than the owner of a $69, Cobra with a 1.5 lb inner tent. But who knows?

The Haven/Cobra combo would weigh a little over 2 lbs for the tent+fly (excluding poles, stakes, etc.).

Tim Cleary

@hempstead

Locale: Lost

While it is a nice coincidence of footprint, I think the there are other inner mesh tents that would be easily adaptable to the cuben haven. Seems kind of like putting a governor on a Maserati or something.

Richard Gless
    BPL Member

@rgless

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I don't think there will be too many people doing this. The Haven net tent is considerable lighter that the Cobra inner tent and has substantially more space than the Cobra. I have both and the Haven net tent is definitely superior, plus it is designed spectifically for the Haven tarp.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools