Topic

Growers Cup Coffeebrewer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Growers Cup Coffeebrewer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Vree

@exploriment

Locale: Niagara Escarpment

Described as a disposable French press. Inside the pouch is a filter with 26 g of freshly ground specialty coffee. To brew 3 cups of coffee, all you need is to open it, pour ½ L hot water into it, and let it brew 5-8 min.

http://www.growerscup.com/eng/

(And since someone will want to know, 45 grams.)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Sorry to pull this off topic…

Thomas… can you please send me a private message with a way to contact you please (I see you don't have PM set up here). I'd like to pick your brain about a hike on the escarpment. Thanks.

And back on topic. Kind of a neat idea but I have to wonder the waste factor. I'm finding the little tSac's are great for coffee brewing. It's not my Bodum but it works and I can choose my own beans.

I can make you all gasp. I'm taking a stainless steel 8-cup percolator on my next trip. I haven't used one in a very long time and it's going to feel weird using all this heavy stuff. It weighs… wait for it… 861.82 g (30.4 oz). Okay, I was just playing around. We are car camping as my accommodation for a book signing and cooking workshop in one of the provincial parks. I just couldn't resist posting the weight here. I'm naughty.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

"Inside the pouch is a filter with 26 g of freshly ground specialty coffee. "

Well, it may have been "fresh" when it went into the pouch, but I doubt if was "fresh" when you bought it at the store.

"Freshly Ground" and "Pouch" do not belong in the same sentence when you are talking coffee.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools