Topic

Pronunciation of dyneema?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pronunciation of dyneema?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    James Reilly
    Spectator

@zippymorocco

Locale: Montana

I realized I have never heard this word spoken. Is it pronounced die-nee-ma? Cause I figured it could also be die-na-ma. How do you say it?

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I assumed it was "die-knee-ma" but I don't know that I've actually ever heard it pronounced either.

Ken K

@thefatboy

Locale: St. Louis

Second on "die-nee-ma" (die-knee-muh).

James Reilly
    Spectator

@zippymorocco

Locale: Montana

That was certainly my assumption as well but I wasn't 100 percent. Thanks for the input.

ROBERT TANGEN
    Spectator

@robertm2s

Locale: Lake Tahoe

I hate foreign languages, but I think that Dynafit is pronounced Dee-na-fit.

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

the vowel team EE says a long E sound. EA sometimes makes a short vowel sound…

Die-knee-muh is how i would say it…

Doug Smith
    BPL Member

@jedi5150

Locale: Central CA

Every industry professional I've spoken with who uses it, be it a backpack maker or dealer of hard rifle plate armor, pronounces it "die-knee-muh", as was said earlier.

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

When I sold shoes we had the same problem with shoe brand Saucony. Customers would ask for Sock-nee, Sau-cony is the correct way to pronounce the brand . I use to ski on Dynafit skis the shop owner called them Dana-fit then the Dynafit sale rep friend of mind called them Dyna-fit .

Pronunciation of brand names I feel their is no correct way the individual says it long as they get their point across. Being in Sales most of life I have seen sales people and sales reps against sales reps having great useless debates over how a brand name is pronounced.

I have also seen snobbish sales people constantly correcting customer on the brand names they are asking for and making the customer feel inferior for mispronunciation of the product, Instead of just getting them product.
    Terry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools