Topic

Replacement for MH Canyon shorts?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Replacement for MH Canyon shorts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

I've been looking for some new hiking shorts. I've long been a fan of the MH Canyon shorts and pants, but it looks like they've gone and ruined them. At least as far as I'm concerned. :)

They replaced the ergonomic front pockets with shallow almost horizontal pockets like you see in women's jeans, increased the inseam, and replaced the webbing on the built in belt with something softer and more likely to get twisted up. The old Canyon short (2010) had a 7" inseam, front pockets, and two back pockets (one zip, one Velcro). No cargo pockets.

What's the deal with the super long inseams these days? Are they that much popular? I'm not into short shorts, but prefer shorts to stop right above my knee. Otherwise, I'll just wear pants.

Recommendations on convertibles that sound like a match would be appreciated as well.

Just thought I'd ping everyone in case there was another fan of the previous Canyon around.

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

I have a pair of these that I don't use anymore. I lost weight, so they are too big. Men's medium, cigar brown. Lightly used — if you want them, they are yours for $20.00. PM me if interested.

I don't like the front pockets on the new design either — too shallow and poor location…

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass- I wear an XL or XXL.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools