Topic

10/1-10/8 PCT Sections Q&R

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists 10/1-10/8 PCT Sections Q&R

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Humboldt .

@humboldt

I'll be spending a week of my R&R leave from Afganistan section hiking from Etna Summit through to Ashland, Or.(about 130 miles). I retire next year from the Marines on May 1st and am using this as a shake down run for the gear I plan to take on a NOBO PCT thruhike. Still plenty of time for adjustments. I'd love any feedback you all have.

Gear list

Hope that worked.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

The three that stand out is your shelter, bag and rain jacket. If money is no object, I would go with a hexamid and hexanet, a 30F quilt or bag and a golite malipas or super mica marmot. Those changes could get you down 2+ more pounds.

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

Will you be able to keep your goretex shoes dry the entire time? Once they're wet inside, they'll stay wet.

Luis Velasco
    BPL Member

@rnfrog

Locale: Costal, dry warm climate.

PCT? Sounds like a good adventure. I am also a retire Marine living down here about 1.5 hrs from the start of the PCT.

If your interested I'd be happy to assist you in your PCT venture at this end of the trail. Drop me a line if your interested.

– Luis V.
    MGySgt Ret.

tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

Great list, really light and really comfortable!

I'll also be starting the PCT NOBO around the beginning of May, maybe we'll run into each other!

Would you be able to post a link to that gear list? Its a bit small to read clearly.

I would second the recommendation for the Hexamid, although I'd recommend the Hex solo TENT, coming out to 15.5 oz total (even less with polycryo – ~1oz, and without the extended beak – 1.4 = 13oz!)

The Contrail is a sweet tent but the Hexamid takes the cake.

Humboldt .

@humboldt

Thanks for the comments. I made some changes and uploaded a pdf to my profile.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools