Topic

SEKI West Side Entry Ideas

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning SEKI West Side Entry Ideas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Hi all, I have been thinking about doing something on the west side of the of either Kings Canyon or Sequoia. I have done the Rae Lakes Loop and wish not do that one again. I would prefer Sequoia. I am looking at 30-40 miles 3-4 days. What you say

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Take the High Sierra Trail from Crescent Meadow out to Hamilton Lakes and back. I think that is about 33 miles round trip, and the last mile or two to Hamilton Lakes will kick your butt.

Or, the Mineral King route that I did a few weeks ago was about 37 miles. That took me three days. Timber Gap, Hamilton Lakes and Kaweah Gap, Big Arroyo, Lost Canyon, Sawtooth Pass. I had thought about Black Rock Pass, but it looked awful.

–B.G.–

Eric Braun

@dukedante

Several years ago I did a loop from Mineral King:
    Night 1 at Franklin Lakes, Night 2 at Little Claire Lake, Night 3 at Columbine Lake.
    If i recall it was about 30 miles, which left plenty of time to explore at each destination or just take lots of time on the trail looking at the beauty. Even though I was a ranger at the time in the Sequoia frontcountry, I remember the Mineral King backcountry as what the park was really about.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools