Topic

Garmin Fenix watch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Garmin Fenix watch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    BPL Member

@staplebox

Locale: New England

Not out quite yet but…
    ABC, GPS, bluetooth, sunrise/set, moon phase, way points, waterproof. Plus it tells the time.

http://sites.garmin.com/fenix/#begin

Brad Abrahams
    Spectator

@frigger

I have the Foretrex 301 and love it. This seems to beat it in every way, though I only paid $100 for my Foretrex.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

The battery life is not bad but unfortunately, being a recharable battery makes it less than ideal for extended trips. That said, I will be looking at getting one once they are available… just too cool to resist! It's not light though… my Fortrex 301 is lighter however the Fenix has a far better set of features, so if you consider weight per feature… rationalize, rationalize… :)

Thanks for posting the link.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

anyone have this watch? I've been looking at the Suunto Ambit, but it looks like the Fenix does everything the Ambit does for 100 bones less- I didn't realize the Fenix displayed in UTMs (or lat/long if you prefer)- now it's a top contender

thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools