Topic

Tarptent wish list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tarptent wish list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

BPL Member

@rememberthelorax

I would want only one thing from TarpTent: A cuben fiber version of the Rainbow solo

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Removable floors or option to buy at lower price without a floor.

zorobabel frankenstein
    BPL Member

@zorobabel

Locale: SoCal

A big TT 50% off sale for me :)).
    And a squall that doesn't need hiking poles.

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

"Because Henry Shires has said time and time again that he will not be providing cuben version of his shelters."

I think you missed the "wish list" part of this thread….

Cuben would be nice, if for nothing else it would give everyone (whether you have the cash or not) a good idea of how it would stack up in a TT design. I understand early on Henry staying away from cuben, but his business seems developed enough to offer it now.

Not sure how compatible the two components are, but I once dreamed of a cuben on the spine, with sylnylon panels so that it wouldn't stretch as much but with a syl nylon cost.

The other thought I had was some vents on the roofline. I still see complaints of condensation in TT designs. My cheap Kelty tent has a vent in the roof that you can velcro open or closed… very nice.

James Cuppy

@kentuckian

Love the Rainbow's porch mode. Would like the porch fabric wedge to extend out further. Its a little on the short side now. And to be more securely fastened to the ajoining vesibule flap. The present velcro is not real sucure in a breeze and provides a place for water to drip where it joins.

Agree with another poster that the tie straps that hold the net door flap in rolled up position come loose on me. A more secure tie back method would be an improvement.

Justice Baker
    BPL Member

@jkokbaker

Locale: Central Oregon

Cuben is the only thing missing from Tarptents. If somebody wants to spend extra money on Cuben then let them, just offer it as a custom option, 4-6 week wait time, or whatever extra time it would take to make it.

David Ure

@familyguy

Then lets petition Henry.

Which model in cuben? We have heard about perhaps a Rainbow in Cuben. What about the Notch? Contrail?

David Ure

@familyguy

Nm

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools