Topic

URL problems

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

PJ wrote:

Sorry 'bout the URLs. Hyperlinks no longer work for me after 2+ yrs of successful hyperlinking and posting to others to teach them how to mark up a HTML Anchor mark-up. The hyperlink doesn't display properly, nor work, and upon editing my Post containing the HTML, the HTML is mangled badly and is no longer what i typed, viz. the HREF portion is stripped out of it and is completely gone! Don't know why. Only started happening somewhat recently for me.

Same for me. About a week or two ago, posting an HTML Anchor with a long URL caused the post to appear with the anchor coding stripped from the post. Short URLs, maybe 40 characters in length, still work fine.

Any idea what changed?

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Now that you mention this, I had a post that was meant to have 2 URLs several weeks ago. One URL worked, and the other one didn't despite numerous attempts. I didn't take the time to figure out why. Then last week I had a post with 2 URLs and they both worked. I, too, have been successfully posting links for a long time. Something does appear to have changed. I think your theory is right, size does appear to matter.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Douglas, Eric,

many thanks for posting on this.

could be length??? don't know. this could be tested easily enough.

It's obviously NOT something in the URL triggering the "profanity filter" as the "naked" (yes,…pun intended) URL wouldn't make it into the posts either.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools