Topic

Pack for sale, only $59,750.00

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Pack for sale, only $59,750.00

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    brian H
    BPL Member

@b14

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns

anyone wanna go half's w/ me LOL?

sorry i couldnt resist…stumbled a/c this on eBay…

search Item number: 120478458095

Can you imagine?!

Tommy Thompson
    BPL Member

@wasser

Locale: Northern CA

If you look at the revision history, you'll see it's been listed since October 2009. It's also a steal of a deal with the high price apparently at $100,000! :p

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

ONLY!

My reaction!

When I checked the seller had 150 offers and I'll bet everyone of them was way less than the seller's reserve amount.

Jack Daniels – Argentine Dance – Bill Amend Comic Strip – ?

I have a similar bag, no leather, that closes with 2 buttons. Maybe I can sell it and get a new truck out of the deal. L O L

Party On,

Newton

Nathan Washburn
    BPL Member

@nwashburn

Locale: Southeast

It does have free shipping. :)

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

I was seriously considering buying this pack but since the snaps have oxidation I will have to pass.

John Donewar
    BPL Member

@newton

Locale: Southeastern Texas

Its 13" wide, 11" tall and 6" deep and made of the finest 10 oz tan denim. The shoulder strap is 2.5" wide and 47" long. It has a two button closure. The buttons are brown plastic and 7/8" in diameter.

Front View

This was a MYOG "haversack" belonging to my Dad. His name and phone number are written in sharpie on the underside of the 8" x 13" double layered top flap.

3/4 Profile view

Greg won't have to worry about oxidation on this pack since in true ultralight fashion there is no metal in this pack.

Its volume is 858 cubic inches or 14 liters. It weighs 11.1 ounces on my digital scale. Yes I actually weighed it. L O L

As you will notice from the pictures it has all the correct coloring, shading and mold stains for a "fishing bag" which was its primary use.

Anyone interested must agree to me bleaching out my Dad's phone number as it is still in use. :-)

I needed a good laugh. I hope you did too!

Party On,

Newton

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Locale: Bristol Bay Alaska

A metal tag that say when the bag was patented tells nothing about if this was one of the first bags or not. I'm sure all bags that were made at that time had the same tag on them. They probably had the same tag for years.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

They still make that bag. They also use that vintage tag from time to time to. The bag in question is probably less than 20 years old.

http://duluthpack.com/outdoor-gear/camping-hiking-gear/packs/canoe-packs?p=2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools