Topic

anyone waiting for the NB MT1010 to come out?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) anyone waiting for the NB MT1010 to come out?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

How are people liking this shoe? I'm thinking I should have bought these instead of my MT110's i just bought today.

Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Locale: Northwest CT

I bought the MT1010 at the end of August. I put just under 200 miles on them. The fit and comfort level was awesome. My main concern for longevity was so much exposed midsole due to the lack of outsole. I noticed some midsole getting chewed up but things were fine. However, the upper ripped on both shoes. See photos below. I started trail running in the MT101. They lasted quite a while. I liked them so much I bought a second pair. When it was time for a new pair I kept seeing the severe blown out uppers of the MT110 everywhere so that is why I decided to try the MT1010. I returned the MT1010 and bought the MT110. I hope they last longer!

As you can see it is the same rip, in the same place on both shoes. I'm chalking this up to design flaw. Your results may vary…

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

are the tears all the way through or is just an outer layer?

be curious to have you contrast the two when you get some miles under them

Angelo R.
    Spectator

@zalmen_mlotek

Locale: Northwest CT

Just the outer layer but I don't want to chance a bigger failure.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

gotcha- thanks

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

The 1010s have been okay, I still like the 110 better.

The 1010s sole isn't as grippy, also I lost 2 pods of the sole. The upper mesh tore just like in the pics above, but that's not a big deal because that means they are literally breaking in.

They do offer quite a bit of cushin and protection, good transitional minimalist trail shoe for sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools