Topic

The eVENT Single Wall Tent: Here, Then Gone – What’s Replacing It?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable The eVENT Single Wall Tent: Here, Then Gone – What’s Replacing It?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

PJ:

You're welcome. Hey, your Chinese ain't bad either. You are a good multi-linguist yourself. :)

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Ben, you're too kind. I do remember that you've had to correct my Chinese – for which I sincerely thank you.

Tim Heckel
    Spectator

@thinair

Locale: 6237' - Manitou Springs

Ok, I read the article and discussion to this point with some interest.

I had a first-generation gore-tex tent that was my only tent for 20 some years. It was light, for the time, expensive, durable, and performed well for me from Hawaii to New England to the American Southwest to the Rocky Mountains. I have never been able to find a replacement that works as well for me.

The BD and Montbell tents I've read about and/or looked at are too short.

I haven't been able to find, in the US market, a light tent of breathable fabric. I see in the article the reasoning for eVent dropping out; but surely there is a market here.

The article title to paraphrase is “what's next in single wall breathable fabric tents”, but comes up short in actually stating what is next. It focuses a lot on the technical details of the fabrics and less, in my interpretation, on the practical matter of available tents.

Does anyone expect to see more single wall breathable tents for the American market anytime soon? I would “kill for”, an American expression meaning “pay a lot”, an identical or similar tent made of modern materials to replace my worn out old tent. Where is it?

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

Thanks Ben for the link.

PJ, you're just to kind. My English is OK (it helps that have to use it a lot in my professional live).

Bob Chilson
    BPL Member

@bob-chilson

Locale: eastern high sierra

In 1975 I bought a somewhat expensive, breathable car cover that I now recall looks very similar to the Bibler tent material. The same cover is still available as an Evolution Car Cover. I'm just wondering if this was perhaps the start of the breathable tent material, and perhaps some smart individual picked up on the use of this fabric?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

http://tinyurl.com/2h8b3f

A gore-tex timeline.

eric levine

@ericl

Locale: Northern Colorado

Great info and discussions, but unlike other subjects, this one just has me depressed.

I've been looking forward to ultra-lite, cheap, very breathable and very waterproof fabrics for so long, and now we seem to have taken a real step backwards…..

David Ure

@familyguy

Nm

Willem Jongman

@willem

Is there any recent news on eVENT or similar fabric for tents?
    Willem

David Ure

@familyguy

Nm

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools