Topic

NeoAir Hacking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear NeoAir Hacking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pete Staehling
    BPL Member

@staehpj1

Has anyone successfully installed a valve in a cut off piece of NeoAir pad. I have one with a bad place in the middle and am think of cutting out the bad part and making a sit-pad/pillow from one piece and a short sleeping pad from the other. The resealing looks easy, but I have not seen where anyone has successfully installed a valve.

Any clues?

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West
    Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

video on how to do it….

YouTube video

Pete Staehling
    BPL Member

@staehpj1

Thanks guys. The video seems to only be for sealing the seam not adding a valve or am I missing something?

The thread does give me an idea of one way to do it. Seems a little crude, but perhaps it is effective.

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

You could also PM Dan about it. He's a great guy and usually helpful.

Roger Heward

@green1

Locale: Alberta, Canada

I in no way want to hamper your enthusiasm for this DIY project, but you should realize that Sierra Designs have amazing warranty support on their products, so if the "bad spot" isn't obvious external damage, I would suspect the mattress to be of more value as a trade in for a free new one then as a hacking project.

If you melted, or slashed, or something else your NeoAir, then carry on as if I hadn't said anything and modify to your heart's content!

Pete Staehling
    BPL Member

@staehpj1

Your advice is good. Since my last post, I called Cascade Designs and they agreed to cover it under warranty despite the fact that I did not remember when or where I purchased it and thought it was probably out of warranty. The gave me an RA# and I shipped it back a few days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools