Topic

All Stakes 25% Off for one week only!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals All Stakes 25% Off for one week only!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Taylorson
    Spectator

@heyjt

Locale: SoCal

All stakes are on sale for 25% off regular pricing at Gossamer Gear. Ti-Stakes $1.85ea

http://gossamergear.com/tite-lite-tent-stake-3.html

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

Yeah but Gossamer Gear would also charge me an extra $7 to ship 8 ti stakes to Michigan! I've always found their shipping charges to be really high for things that are so darn light.

Note that Lawson's ti stakes are regularly priced at $1.95 each and free shipping for orders over $10… and things literally arrive within days. Can't beat that.

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

In GG's defense, they don't charge a lot to ship bigger orders. Maybe it's $7 no matter what you buy. It covers the individual labor time. For all we know one person heads over to the post each day or with each order. In any event, I was only charged 6 dollars and change to ship my GG Mariposa 2012 pack to California this week. I thought it was a great deal. They also had it listed for $30 off last week, too good to pass up, no extra charge for a hip belt pocket either. It will be at home before I am today.

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

USPS First Class Mail (ships anything under 13 ounces) for right around $3. I can't begin to understand GG's logic. Sounds like they want money where it is not deserved. I love GG packs (owned a gorilla and a murmur) but I will order my stakes from someone who doesn't charge so much in shipping.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools