Topic

4 season wonderland

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique 4 season wonderland

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

This weekend marks the official end of winter in the river valley, oh it still snowed Sat. but it was a why should I even bother shoveling this it'll be gone on Mon. snow.
    Nope, it's a more subtle should I go skiing or catch a movie thing…this is a true 4 season wonderland-snow,mud,dust,and forest fire and my concious has shifted to the glorious mud season here in Washington State.
    Dreams of mud hikes,mud slides,mud flowers even though the Cascades will be deep in winter for months yet …well hope your seasons are a changing too wherever you are.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Heh…I woke up, rolled over and looked at our "weather predicting" clock..and yep, snow is on the menu…weee!
    Rainier creates most of our weather where we live. Where we live I can see the foothills of Snoqualmie Pass to Rainier in one eyeful.
    Of course, mud season is sooo much fun!

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

You need to move up higher. We still have 8' of snow and are usually snowed in until June. Hence the evil snowmobile. I justify its ownership and noise and smell pollution by reminding myself I use it for transportation to and from Highway 2 and not to terrorize the neighborhood. Oops! Am I opening a can of worms here? The mud season is mercifully short.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

I was thinking…I'll take "mud season" over "bug season" any day ;-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nor rain nor wind nor sleet nor snow shall keep a Pacific Northwester from making his/her appointed rounds. What a great place to be alive!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools