Topic

Shoes for Zion Transverse, Narrow and Rocky Mt.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Shoes for Zion Transverse, Narrow and Rocky Mt.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jun Bum Kim

@snvplayer

Hi,
    I am planning to backpack Zion Narrow and I am looking for some recommendations:
    I have Keen H2 sandal that I am planning to use in the water, and plan to buy Merrell Moab Gore-tex or other low cut hiking shoes
    for dry terrain and Rocky Mt.

Would this be sufficient?

I will be spending about 4 days in Rocky Mt, 3 days in Transverse, and 2 days in Narrow.

Thanks

Jun

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I'd prefer non-gore-tex (ie. non wp/b) shoes for the main traverse so your feet breathe better and stay dry instead of humid.

For the narrows, some short of water shoe would be somewhat nice, but I didn't have any trouble hiking it in regular hiking shoes last year. My feet would have gotten cold had I not been hiking hard (6.5hrs), but that was in September so I'm sure the water is warmer now. In terms of grip, I was content with regular hikers. YMMV.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools