Topic

Cylider Stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Cylider Stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Adam Thibault
    BPL Member

@apthibault

Finally got some time to start posting some pics of the stuff I've been making this spring, first up cylinder stove…Stove
    Made with snow peak ti plates for the ends and .004" shim stock stainless steel for the body. The door is 24 gauge stainless attached by a pop rivit in the end plate. DJ from Titanium Goat sold me some of his ti support rods, I have two on the top and one on the bottom.Titanium Goat Support Rods
    T-nuts I got from Ace Hardware were pop riveted on to the end plates to provide leg supports.LegsLeg Support
    I used 1/16" stainless cable for supports for the body.Body Support
    I also used .004" shim stock for the 100" stove pipe and a Titanium Goat Damper. Overall, the stove works really well. I need to think of a new way to cut out the stove pipe hole in the stove body, I used an exacto knife and it's not very clean. Also, the stove body seems to be getting a bunch of crinkles in it. I think maybe the springs on the Ti Goat support rods may be a little stout to use with a stainless steel body. Switching to a ti body would probably help or I may switch to lighter springs. 1/16" cable for the stove body supports is probably overkill, 1/32" would be perfect.
    Here it is in my MYOG tipi
    Cylinder Stove
    Many thanks to DJ at Ti Goat for supply the parts and knowledge to make this thing happen.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools