Topic

Trinity-Alps Current Conditions? Mosquitoes?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Trinity-Alps Current Conditions? Mosquitoes?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pete Acker
    BPL Member

@pka45

Hi All,

Planning my first trip to the Alps next weekend (29th). Probably will hike up Canyon Creek, but that may be open to change. Any idea if the bugs will be bad? Any tips on which lakes hold the biggest trout?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Pete Acker
    BPL Member

@pka45

Sorry, I see this should be in the "Pre-Trip Planning" section. I apologize!

I do have current Trail Conditions Report from the FS too…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Jay Wilkerson had a big group up in Morris Meadow last weekend and said the bug pressure was bad enough for Deet and head nets. Heard that there are good size ones in

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

On my bug meter the mosquitoes were a (6.5) on a scale of 1 to 10. Not crazy/bad like I have experienced in other areas but definitely a nuisance and I had bites on my ankles and wrist. Head-net & DEET for sure!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools