Topic

VaprLoft Quilt – VB hooded quilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear VaprLoft Quilt – VB hooded quilt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

I originally made this quilt few months back. The grey Vapor Barrier inner is SevenDS and black outer is SevenD. I used 4oz Apex. I completely modified it last month with a hood which uses a 20d black fabric and changed the insulation to 5oz Apex. So far I have use it outdoors for 5 nights upto 12500 ft. We had some snowfall during one night but quilt worked great. I used a 100 microfleece baselayer. I plan to do further testing on a 2 week expedition starting soon (upto 15000ft.)

The quilts features a velcro drawcord footbox, VB inner and a curved hood on the top.

hood

back

foot

inner

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Looks good Huzefa!

Can you share a bit of info on how the hood fits? Pics of you w/the hood on? And also, does it cinch down?

Thanks,
    Todd

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

The hood is big enough to cover the head. No draw cord to cinch – I dont think its needed provided its big enough. I will try to post better pics soon.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Looks good!

When you post pictures, put a carriage return/line feed between them and it's easier to read : )

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Perhaps I figured it out – is it simply an extra length of fabric/insulation to extend over your head, rather than a traditional hood?

If that's it, no additional pics necessary. If I'm off base here, then bring 'em on!

Thanks.

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Todd, you are right.

Michael Duke

@mpd1690

Does the quilt close up on the top instead of bottom?

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

It is closed at the bottom.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools