Topic

Jetboil warranty won’t return my cup!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Jetboil warranty won’t return my cup!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

Check out John Abela's post on the Censorship at BPL thread for insights into Jetboil's behaviour. If indeed they pressured BPL to delete a whole thread and extract personal information in violation of the site's privacy policy, then they deserve the kind of PR that's coming their way. I for one will never buy a product from them.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=64777&skip_to_post=557667#557667

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

They have stolen from you. They owe you, not the other way around.

David Ure

@familyguy

Cameron's post @ Facebook removed.

Richard Fischel
    BPL Member

@ricko

in direct proportion to the sales of jetboils going down for as long as threads like this remain active.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

there is always twitter @Jetboil

David Ure

@familyguy

Or sale of the Aluminum version of the Sol goes up. Or we all forget this nonsense and use alcohol stoves….

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

after seeing this thread and what happened to john on the other … i will no longer recommend the jetboil … im a big fan of the product and will keep using mine

but i will no longer recommend em to anyone else … the product can be great, but if the company is trying to censor people for simply using a product instead of proactively addressing the issue in a positive manner … then there aint any real point

however im sure PBLers wil forget about it in a month or so and go back to recommending the company … as evidenced by the short memory on POE and Montbell issues ….

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Or buy from MSR.

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

I agree with Eric…but then again, due to my love of alcohol or Esbit stoves (I am not a huge fan of canister stoves) my opinion may also be a bit biased… :)

I do remember the POE thread…that kind of thing doesn't just go away, at least it hasn't for me… the same as this issue with Jetboil. And to be honest, it is not the fact that these stoves may actually be a problem, but the fact that Jetboil is being so dang shady about the whole thing. I can live with something that may not work, if I know the company will actually do something about it, one way or another rather than just cover it up like it was never there and trying to make us all believe we are going crazy… or worse, treating their customers like crap that come forth with the faulty product.

As for the MB thread…I musta missed that one… but I wonder if it had anything to do with the stretchy sleeping bags… ?

All I can say is I have been happy with their jackets…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

deleted

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

Any bets on how long it will last before they take it down? :)

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

My guess was 5sec, was I wrong?

Mark
    BPL Member

@gixer

Welcome to the club

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cbr6fs/IMAG0264.jpg

I tried cooking a tin of very sloppy baked beans in mine, Jetboil refused to accept it back under warranty.

First and last time i buy anything Jetboil, also have a fair few mates that are outdoor enthusiasts so i've spread the word around.

Absolutely disgusting and poor customer service.

Cheers
    Mark

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Supposedly REI members have a vote in how things are operated, right? If you feel strongly enough, let REI know that you don't want them to continue selling Jetboil products.

David Ure

@familyguy

Yeah Tim, you were wrong. It took about 9 hours but it has vanished….

Marc Shea
    BPL Member

@flytepacker

Locale: Cascades

My suggestion to those that have experienced the melting issue, would be to report it to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. http://www.cpsc.gov/ Clearly Jetboil is not getting out in front of a potentially hazardous product that continues to be sold in the marketplace. The CPSC will investigate and will either force Jetboil to recall or force Jetboil to provide a solution to the consumer if warranted.

Just Hammock

@davefromva

Wow! after reading this I doubt I will ever buy any of their products. I refuse to support a company that has a shotty service department. They should have told you on the phone not to send the item in if the warranty was voided from customizing it. Would have saved everybody a headache.

Devon Cloud

@devoncloud

Locale: Southwest

I just left a post with a link to this thread for them too, asking them if they are just deleting them or asking if they are going to do anything about it. I am sure they will delete it as well, but I say keep posting til they have to deal with it. It's hard enough to find good gear out there without them stealing from someone.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

deleted

David Ure

@familyguy

I will go again if his post gets deleted. I wonder if some of those that have blogs can post a link to this thread.

I looked at my Ti cup yesterday and it is starting to show some separation of the fins.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

OCCUPY JETBOIL!!!

Get 'em Boys!!

Martin Rye
    BPL Member

@rye1966

Locale: UK

So far I have had no issues with my Jetboil Sol TI. But I am not impressed with the way they are treating people who have. I have mentioned this thread on Twitter, and I will link it on my blog. Going right of Jetboil fast with their attitude towards their customers.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

deleted

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

I seem to have been hit with the ban hammer.

a b

@ice-axe

They currently have my stove, cozy, lid, and bottom cup which they are shipping back. Once I get those back I'll take further action. The refund would probably be my first request as I haven't asked and they haven't offered. If that falls through, then maybe I'll try more "leverage".

_SHig

The thought occurs to me that when they return the rest of your stove they might also send a replacement pot anyways.
    Perhaps we should cool it until you get those items returned first, yes?
    Seems like we have gone "nuclear" on them before the issue has developed.
    I mean, if i am following events correctly you did not ask for a refund and the last you heard from them was that they would return the remaining pieces of your stove minus the pot.
    I think it is prudent to wait until those pieces arrive before passing judgement.
    Jetboil might do the right thing and replace the defective pot.. it could already be in the mail with the other pieces as far as we know.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools