Topic

DIY Materials: Hardware. Feedback Wanted

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear DIY Materials: Hardware. Feedback Wanted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Pullan
    Spectator

@skyaddict

Locale: Steiermark

Simple things like aluminium flashing are very hard to obtain if you live in the eu; your often better off buying ti. A service offering overseas shipment of aluminium flashing would be very welcome. I know it is dirt cheap in the US, but costs $70 to buy and send to the UK. It might be a good idea to supply what the other suppliers don't, like the much sought after DX40. A little harder to source, but equally sought after would be some 140 denier dyneema gridstop! First rule of business: give the myogers what they want. I have also seen a site mentioning a precut down jacket kit that is no longer available. I think this is a great idea; you just can't get a pattern for a good sew through down jacket anywhere. A sew through down jacket would be simple, light and unique (in so far as nobody else sells anything like it). Something like the Mont bell ultralight 7d jacket, but with hydrophobic down. It would be nice if the pattern were available seperately for those who want a custom build.
    Good luck, Matt.

John Canfield

@jcanfield

Locale: Cascadia

I would love to see the ITW Onyx series buckles. A great mixture of light weight and strength. I love them.

JC

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools