Topic

Pack recommendations for Female

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pack recommendations for Female

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Juston Taul

@junction

Locale: Atlanta, GA

My brother is outfitting his wife for her first backpacking trip. She will need a pack. We don't have time to order anything custom… so we are stuck with REI or other reputable online companies.

Problem is she's overly concerned with color and appearance. (shaking my head)

I suggested the Granite Gear Crown V.C. 60 Ki, she doesn't like the color.

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Remind her that it will be on her back and she won't have to look at it :)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I don't think we can really help without knowing what colors she likes…
    Some females like pinks and purples, others greens and browns and some even like pink and brown :-0
    Give us a little more info here : )

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Take her to REI. Have her try on packs.

Maybe she will change her mind about colors once she feels the difference between a well-fitting pack and and ill-fitting one.

Juston Taul

@junction

She's been outfitted in all Arcteryx outerwear so far. She likes the Cobalt blue. She's mixing that with black. She does like purple as well.

As far as taking her to REI, not an option. They live hours away from the closest one. The only outdoor store nearby carries very little variety. Sad really.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I would look into Deuter packs; nice colors, women specific fit, light-ish.

Juston Taul

@junction

It's funny that you brought that up. Relatively new company from what I understand. Pretty neat though. I looked at one while at REI the other day. Very adjustable. I sent him a link for the ACT Zero 45 + 15 SL. I hope she likes green.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Not that new…founded in 1898. No, it's not a typo, 1898. I think their presence on this continent might be recent.
    I bought my daughter a Deuter pack and it has worked quite well for her. The greens they have are very nice.

Juston Taul

@junction

Wow. I had no clue. Some guy at REI didn't know what he was talking about… that or I misunderstood. Very possible.

Juston Taul

@junction

Looks like it's going to be the GG Crown VC Ki with a "pretty" pack cover. LOL

My job here is done. Thanks all.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

This thread is funny! You guys don't understand how some women think and you definitely did not pay attention to Kat's posts :)

BTW, my wife loves her Deuter pack and it is color coordinated to her outfit. And that is the only way I could get her to use a pack at all.

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

At least you got it figured out Nick.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools