Topic

Father’s Day BudLyte Super Stove Sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Father’s Day BudLyte Super Stove Sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Fathersday Limited Offer on Budlyte "Super Stoves"

I was able to make up a couple of dozen stoves using Budlite Bottles. Sale will continue till all are sold.

This stove is made from an aluminum beverage bottle. It's a 1 piece stove, no pot stand needed.

When 1/2 ounce of fuel is used this stove has the ability to absorb and hold the fuel as a safety feature. If the stove is accidentally tipped over the fuel will not spill out.(Just like the StarLyte)

This stove is a compilation of features found in several different stoves that I have made over the years. The StarLyte, Fancee Feest, Cobalt and Cobalt Blue.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Fuel capacity – 1 ounce – 30ml

Weighs 1.3 ounces

Will boil 2 cups of water under optimum conditions using 1/2 ounce of denatured alcohol and a 2.5 cup aluminum pot.

Material – Heavy duty aluminum beverage bottle

Recommended fuels – HEET in yellow bottle, Denatured Alcohol, "Meths" (outside the U.S.A.)

Price for 2 stoves, 2 4oz fuel bottles with flip top caps that can also be used on the HEET yellow bottle alcohol fuel.= $20.00 + $4.50 for shipping and handling- Total Cost $24.50

For more information and paypal payment go to:

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/fathers-day-limited-budlyte-super-stove-sale.php

A couple of old photobucket videos of the stove. Click on the photo and the video will start:

<center>

</center>

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Only six specials left. Boxed up ready to go. They'll be gone by the end of the day tomorrow.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

I'm all sold out on this Fathers Day special. Thanks to all that participated.

I'm at a campground using a weak WIFI transmission. Emails are getting lost in the airwaves……Send questions direct to [email protected]

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

Never tried it, before but read Dan's thread (or an earlier thread of Zelph's) on this subject and noticed a comment that one happy buyer fired up his Zeplh using grain alcohol. To me, Heet yields better results than DA, where's EC/GA fall in the spectrum?

Jim Leonard
    BPL Member

@mxracer33x

Locale: West Coast

Loving my bud Light Stove.

I used mine all weekend without a hitch. I cant seem to get it to boil 2 cups on less than 5/8oz denatured alchohol though. Ive tried every trick I know and it just aint happening. Dead calm garage at 40* or 80* or out side with a breeze and different windscreens to get a nice draft and it wont do it. Im using a Snow Peak 700 pot & lid. Flame pattern looks great. Any tips would be appreciated! Im going to try it on my SP 1400 set tonite for kicks.

Thanks for the great work Zelph.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Try insulating the alcohol burner from a cold floor.

–B.G.–

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Jim, thank you for the compliment.

Titanium pots are noted for poor transfer of heat. Use a windscreen placed at least 1" from the side of the pot and have it encircle the entire pot. Needs plenty of holes at base of windscreen to allow sufficient incoming air from bottom.

All my stove test are performed under optimum conditions per stover manual 1010. 70 degree starting water temperature, calm conditions, denatured alcohol, 2.5 capacity aluminum pot with 5.5 inch diameter.

You cange any of those conditions and you'll get different results.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools