Topic

any experience with the “no sniveller” or “stealth” ?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) any experience with the “no sniveller” or “stealth” ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Nelson

@stephenn6289

Locale: Sunshine State

This is a continuation from my last post, which was very helpful. Does anyone use a no snveller or stealth by Jacks R Better and what was your experience with it? I like this design because it is light and highly versitile with the serape idea. It looks pretty goofy, but that doesn't bother me. I am leaning toard the stealth because it is lighter, fits my temp range, and I like the black color better.

If anyone has had any experience with either of these similar items please share what you liked and what you didn't like. Thanks.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I was checking out the pic on their website of the stealth. From the pic it appears that quilt does not close up well around the shoulders. If accurate that would allow big time drafts in the shoulder area and you will get cold well before 40 degrees F.

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/index_files/DSC00463-Stealth%202.JPG

Stephen Nelson

@stephenn6289

Locale: Sunshine State

It doesn't bother me. I sleep on my stomach with my arms under my head and probably wont use this set-up in 40 degree temps. But I appreciate your hep, good observation.

Richard Matthews

@food

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I have the No Sniveller. I mostly use it in a hammock but also use it for warm weather hiking like the Grand Canyon.

I (my wife) added grosgrain ribbon guy loops opposite the stock hammock attachment loops. I added a grosgrain ribbon strap to hold the footbox together. A 3' shockcord and cordlock on the torso loops and a 2' shockcord and cordlock at the head help to prevent drafts. With silk weightlong underwear I have been comfortable at 40.

I use the same quilt down to 25 in the hammock with expedition weight long underwear. The hammock allows/encourages optimum down distribution.

Premium quality materials, good sewing, innovative design and backed by excellent customer service.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

I own and love my No Sniveller. It delivers in all areas as promised. (Wish I could say the same for everything else I own!) I also own several other JRB products and am happy w/them as well.

Although I have no experience w/the Stealth, it is something on my list since I live in Florida and would like a quilt for warmer temps, too.

It sounds like you don't worry about cold too much, if that's the case the Stealth should be fine for you since you can add a layer or two of clothing (which you may carry anyway) to beef up it's temp rating.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools