Topic

Pots for 2 people/couples

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pots for 2 people/couples

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Derek M.
    BPL Member

@dmusashe

Locale: Southern California

I guess I'm kind of resurrecting an old thread here, but I'm just curious to know how some of you are getting away with less than 1.5 liter capacity pots when cooking for 2 people?

I can't even cook shells for mac and cheese (for 2 people) without using around 1.5 liters of the capacity of my 2 liter open country pot. The water would boil over if I had a much smaller pot. I could probably use slightly less water, but not a huge amount less. And this is one of the easiest meals that I prepare!

I also can't stand having to constantly worry about the food in a pot boiling over, so I'm somewhat baffled by some of the small pot volumes I saw earlier in this thread. I can't ever imagine going smaller than 1.5 liters for two people, and I feel like that would seriously limit my cooking options as well.

I just don't get how some of you are getting away with pots in the 1.1 liter or less range. Are you just cooking "boil a bag" meals?

I guess I'm asking because I'd love to be able to get away with a smaller pot, but I haven't been able to find a way to make one work that doesn't also seriously limit my cooking potential (I like to actually cook on the trail, not just bring water to a boil).

Thanks for the input!

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

see my post (#2)- it's strictly boil in the bag, thus 900 ml is plenty-"cooking" you'd definitely need more volume

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools