Topic

Warm Tight Undies

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Warm Tight Undies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    George Mills

@marienbad

What are some models to look at if I want some brief-style underwear that is
    VERY tight-fitting
    and VERY warm (insulating)?

Men's and Women's models are both welcome.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

I'm at a loss on the "insulating" part of your criteria. That area is the only part of my body that hasn't been cold on a trip before!

Otherwise I've switched to C9 synthetic boxer-briefs from Target. They don't lose their stretch after nearly a week on the trail. Amazing and a great value.

Ryan Wiley
    BPL Member

@huskerhiker

Locale: So Cal

Not necessarily briefs, but fit snug (I needed to size up from what I normally wear),reasonably thick wool but breathe well. Very well made and durable.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Try Cabela's. Largest selection of long handled underwear I know.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

Underarmor tights…the women's are shorter. Not sure if they make shorties in ColdGear, but with the compression even HeatGear is fairly warm.

Jen Churchward
    BPL Member

@mahgnillig

I think these are exactly what you are looking for:

http://shop.hellyhansen.com/US/item/48431/?partner=6005&t_type=src&t_type=cat

They make them in men's and women's boxers and long undies too. I have several sets of the women's long undies and they are very warm! I wear them as my baselayer for sleeping while camping, and also for skiing, snowshoeing and just about everything else when it's cold out. They are expensive, but well made (mine have held up well through 2 winters of use).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools